Bendalong’s only general store went up in flames on Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the shop fire at the Friendly Grocer on Waratah Street at about 2.02pm to find the smoke bellowing from the single-story commercial building.
The shop sells petrol, as well as groceries and alcohol.
RFS volunteer on the scene Joshua Gregory said a Triple zero call alerted authorities to the blaze, which is understood to have started in a roof cavity.
Mr Gregory said crews began “defensive firefighting strategies” when they arrived on scene, to midigate the risk of flammable substances on the site igniting.
“My understand is the commercial building was operating when the fire started,” he said.
“Crews were able to mitigate any risks with defensive firefighting techniques.”
Mr Gregory confirmed no one was injured.
RFS crews were joined by Fire and Rescue NSW firefighters, who entered the building to attack the blaze from inside.
Police also attended the scene, along with Endeavor Energy who turned off power in the area.