Spice up your sausages with this tasty curry
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
Ingredients for 4 - 6
- 1kg beef sausages
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 medium onions, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 500ml tomato passata
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tsp sugar
- 150ml thickened cream
- 1/4 cup picked coriander leaves
- Heat a large casserole dish over medium heat and fry the sausages in batches until browned.
- Add the onions and fry for a further 3 minutes or until they are softened. Add in the garlic and ginger and continue to fry until they are fragrant.
- Stir in the curry powder, add turmeric and combine with the onions. Add the tomato passata, stock, soy sauce and sugar and stir well. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, then return the sausages to the pot and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the cream. Serve scattered with coriander leaves.
- If you prefer, you can substitute the stock for water.
- Don't prick your sausages before cooking as this will cause them to burst.
- Serve with fresh steamed greens such as brocollini and beans.