Quick-thinking parents on holidays in Sussex Inlet have been praised for putting their child under cold water immediately after suffering burns.
About 3.25pm on Tuesday, November 19, NSW Ambulance received reports a female toddler was burnt by a hot drink which spilled "down the front" of the patient.
The 18-month-old, from Cowra, suffered 10 per cent "superficial" burns to its head and neck, a NSW Ambulance spokesperson said.
Paramedics stabilised the child before it was airlifted to Westmead Children's Hospital.
A NSW Ambulance spokesperson said the child had sustained non life-threatening injuries.
NSW Ambulance paramedics commended the parents for placing the child immediately under cold water in the shower to treat the burns.