Local residents wanting to have a say on the Federal Government's preparedness and response to the 2019-20 bushfire season have days to act.
The Senate inquiry submissions to close on Friday May 22.
The inquiry s an opportunity for Australians to send a message to the Federal Government about how the devastating summer bushfires were handled and to ensure lessons are learned for the future.
The inquiry will examine how well governments, charities and the private sector prepared for and responded to the bushfires, as well as focusing on the Federal Government's recovery efforts so far.
Shadow Minister for Disaster and Emergency Management and committee member Senator Murray Watt said disturbing reports of slow recovery rollout would be a strong focus for the inquiry.
"There are still people on the ground waiting on support which the Government promised would be delivered months ago and they deserve to have their voices heard," Senator Watt said.
"Having input from a wide-range of individuals, voluntary organisations and businesses who have been affected by the bushfires will be crucial to this inquiry's success.
"Victims are telling us they are still waiting for their destroyed homes to be cleared, that money from Government grants and loans still isn't flowing, and mental health support has dried up. We are very concerned by that."
Already many individuals, business owners and community groups have put forward their views on issues that they would like considered by the inquiry and shared their stories about how they have been affected.
Information about the inquiry and how to make a submission can be found at here.