As of Monday morning, August 10 dozens of council roads across the Shoalhaven have been closed due to heavy rain and flooding.
Many roads in the Shoalhaven are flood affected with conditions changing rapidly.
This list may not be definitive, so please exercise caution on the roads and avoid travel if possible as conditions can change quickly.
- Bolong Road
- Hay Avenue - Shoalhaven Heads
- Jerry Bailey Road - Shoalhaven Heads
- Back Forest Road - Back Forest
- Coolangatta Road - Berry
- Beach Road, near Campbell's Run - Berry
- Queen Street/Prince Alfred St - Berry
- Woodhill Mountain Road, parts closed - Broughton Vale
- Woodhill Mountain Rd, near Wattamolla Rd closed due to landslide - Broughton Vale
- Boundary Rd, alternative route for residents only - Broughton Vale
- Cedarvale Lane, bridge damage - Jaspers Brush
- Tarawal Street - Bomaderry
- Edwards Avenue - Bomaderry
- Meroo Road, near Fletchers Lane - Meroo Meadow
- Hockeys Lane, near Illaroo Road - Cambewarra
- Rock Hill Road - North Nowra
- Plunkett Street, Eastern end - Nowra
- Albatross Road - Nowra
- Berry Street- Nowra
- Bennett Place - Worrigee
- Quinns Lane - South Nowra
- Flinders Road, near Albatross Road - South Nowra
- Forest Road, near intersection to Princes Hwy - Nowra Hill
- Woollamia Road, closed between Pritchard Avenue & Fairfax Road - Woollamia
- Grady's Riverside Retreat, Burrier Road - Burrier
- Millbank Road - Terara
- Terara Road - Terara
- South Street - Terara
- Bryant Street - Terara
- Southern Road - Terara
- West Berry Street - Terara
- Holmes Street - Terara
- Forsyth Street - Terara
- Fox Street - Terara
- Nobblers Lane - Terara
- Comerong Island Road - Numbaa
- The Park Drive, between Larmer Avenue and Boronia Street - Sanctuary Point
- Wandean Rd- Wandandian
- Wunda Ave - Sussex Inlet
- Wunda Ave, at Jacobs Drive - Sussex Inlet
- River Road, at Harbord St - Sussex Inlet
- Poole Avenue - Sussex Inlet
- Banksia Street - Sussex Inlet
- Fairview Crescent, blocked off at both ends which intersect with River Road - Sussex Inlet
- Clyde Ridge Road, near Carisbrook Road near Upside Down Bridge/Low-Level Bridge - Mogood
- The River Road - Shallow Crossing - Mogood
- Carisbrook Road - Morton
- Brooman Road/ River Road - Brooman
- Braidwood Road and Turpentine Road - Road closed at Oallen Ford.
Water over road
- Dryden Close - Nowra
- Wharf Road - Nowra
- Corner of Kangaroo Valley Road and Glenmurray Road/ Moss Vale Road - Kangaroo Valley
- Meroo Rd/ Halstead Place - Meroo Meadow
- Springbank Road, near Mayfield Road - Mayfield
- Neilson Lane - Sussex Inlet
- Jacob's Drive - Sussex Inlet
- Ellmoos Avenue - Sussex Inlet
- Cater Crescent - Sussex Inlet
It's also understood Greens Roads, Fraser Avenue and some other smaller roads in Greenwell Point are closed although they are not listed on Shoalhaven City Council's website.
A 'road closed' means that road is unsafe to travel on. Find alternate ways which are free from stormwater or wait until all clear is given for that road.
Road Updates for the Princes Highway can be found via Live Traffic NSW.
Please don't drive through floodwaters.
Regardless if you 'know' the road, if you see it is flooded, turn around and find a different way to get to your destination.
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW SES on 132 500.
For evacuation assistance, contact your closest Police Station.
For life-threatening emergencies call Triple Zero (000).