November's much-anticipated Ulladulla Blessing of the Fleet Princess Ball will be postponed to later in the year.
Last year, a scaled down formal was hosted for the princesses, in place of the traditional ball. None of the ballroom dances featured on the night and a smaller guest list was in place.
In May this year organisers were excited to announce a spike in interest from princess and their partners. However, with the latest restrictions, Princess Ball chairperson Clare Nyholm said it's hoped the November 13 event will be held later in the year.
"We would most likely have to cut the ballroom dancing from the ball, similar to last year, which is a real shame, however I think the girls will appreciate it," Clare said.
Festival chairperson Leonie Corrin-Smith said while it's hoped the nostalgic event will be held before the end of the year, there are many considerations that will be taken into account.
"With the current NSW Roadmap projections from the NSW Government, NSW should reach 80 per cent double vaccinated by mid-November, allowing for more freedoms and hopefully public gatherings," she said.
"There are still, however, several other considerations such as the number of people allowed at a gathering and if there is a double vaccination rule for gatherings, and if 15-year-olds are now counted in the roadmap figures."
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.