A man has been charged following a pursuit in the Shoalhaven area yesterday.
Officers from the South Coast Police District, about 11.10am yesterday (Tuesday October 26), were conducting patrols on the Princes Highway, Berry, when they engaged in a pursuit of a white vehicle after it allegedly failed to stop for police.
The car continued south on the highway, into Ulladulla with officers deploying road spikes just north of Tomboye Road, East Lynne.
The vehicle came to a stop soon after; before the driver allegedly fled on foot.
PolAir and the dog squad were called into assist with the search, with a 19-year-old man located several hundred metres from the vehicle, in bushland west of the Princes Highway, just after 2pm.
The man was taken to Batemans Bay Hospital where he spent the night, before he was taken to Batemans Bay Police Station today (Wednesday 27 October 2021) and formally charged.
He was charged with ten offences:
- driving a vehicle taken without consent of owner (two counts),
- drive motor vehicle during disqualification period (two counts),
- police pursuit - not stop - drive recklessly (two counts),
- possession of a prohibited drug (three counts), and,
- possession or use a prohibited weapon without permit
The Warilla man was refused bail to appear in Batemans Bay Local Court today (Wednesday October 27).
Related: Car chase starts in Berry