Shoalhaven City Council is inviting the community to submit nominations for the Shoalhaven Australia Day Awards 2022.
Each year council celebrates and recognises residents of the Shoalhaven who have made a positive contribution in the community.
The Awards are held as part of the Australia Day Celebrations, organised by the Shoalhaven City Council in conjunction with the Australia Day Council NSW.
This year there are eight categories, which are:
- Citizen of the Year: 25 years & over
- Young Citizen: 24 years & younger
- Sports Person: 19 years & over
- Junior Sports Person: 18 years & younger
- Outstanding emerging Artist: all ages
- Outstanding contribution to Arts & Culture: all ages
- Outstanding contribution to the Environment: all ages
- Community Leader contributing to an inclusive Shoalhaven: all ages.
Shoalhaven City Council Mayor Amanda Findley said the annual Shoalhaven Australia Day Awards presented a fantastic opportunity to recognise a wide range of individuals who had a positive impact our region in the past year.
Nominations are now open and can be submitted until 5pm Friday, November 26.
The winners will be announced on Australia Day, Wednesday, January 26.
For more information and to submit a nomination for the Awards visit Council's website.